Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Very competitive – depending on experience
Sea Power is a marine service center located on beautiful Vancouver Island. We are the main dealer in the region for Mercury, Volvo, Arneson and Hamilton Jet. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and top-notch expertise. As one of the most respected service shops on the West Coast we service vessels for hundreds of customers annually. Our mechanics are the best in the industry and we make sure their training keeps pace with innovations in the industry.
This position directly impacts our revenue, profitability, and customer experience goals and is fundamental to our continued success.
What we offer!
- * Impressive compensation package with competitive pay
- * Great health and insurance benefits after 3 months
- * Supplier discounts
- * A positive tight knit, team environment
- * Small, expanding team, room to grow
- * An awesome location, in the heart of Sidney BC
Skills & Abilities:
- * Self-starter and able to work independently
- * Strong written and verbal communicator
- * Hands-on multi-tasker
- * A ‘can do’ attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customers with the best customer service that achieves the Sea Power brand “Quality, Integrity, Stability and Cutting Edge service”.
- Always travel with and follow work order.
- Keep work vehicle fully stocked with parts, notify parts department when low on regular maintenance items.
- Operate diagnostic equipment, testing equipment, and hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair.
- Diagnose problems to determine repair requirements or adjustments on marine engines, outboards, propellers, drive units, navigational equipment, etc.
- Perform major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on several models of marine engines and related marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals.
- Inspect, repair and maintain boat engines and power systems (diesel engines, outboards).
- Install and test electrical and engine driven refrigeration systems, electrical systems, steering gear, and accessories.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, hydraulic equipment and valves.
- Establish and maintain a preventive maintenance program for marine engines and related.
- Liaise with team members to ensure priorities are clear, service orders are accurate and part orders and supplies are properly invoiced.
- Billed time is documented and reported accurately and timely.
- 5+ years experience
- Must hold a class 5 drivers licence
The successful candidate will be one who thrives in a busy, often fast changing, environment and excels as part of a team.
To apply, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below